June 24, 2020 (St. Louis) – The Association of Corporate Counsel Chapter of St. Louis (ACC STL), the pre-eminent professional development organization serving in-house counsel, kicked off its 2020 Diversity Summer Internship Program with eight law school students participating.
The ACC STL Diversity Internship Program, which started in 2011, provides participants with meaningful exposure to in-house practice. Law school students who participate in the program will learn about the various areas of legal advocacy and general corporate practice that in-house counsel handle, as well as the relationship between providing business and legal advice to clients in a variety of substantive areas.
“One of the ACC STL core values is to promote diversity and inclusion among our members, the companies our members represent, and within the legal community,” said Vikas Sunkari, ACC STL 2020 Diversity Summer Internship Program Chairperson, and Senior Legal Counsel, System Legal Affairs for SSM Health.
The 2020 ACC STL Diversity Summer interns include:
- Irene Cai, Washington University School of Law, will intern at Wells Fargo
- Kristen Evans, University of Missouri School of Law, will intern at AT&T
- Josie Finch, Saint Louis University School of Law, will intern at Bunzl
- Hailey Hearty, Saint Louis University School of Law, will intern at RaboBank
- Donovan Hill, Saint Louis University School of Law, will intern at ICL
- Ja’Mecia Laws, Washington University School of Law, will intern at Ameren
- Aja McCoy, Washington University School of Law, will intern at Charter Communications
- Brittany Trinidad, Washington University School of Law, will intern at Ameren
Each Diversity Summer Intern is matched with a mentor who is an ACC STL member and works at the same company where their internship occurs.
Last year, the ACC STL received the Gold Chapter of Distinction by the national Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC). The award recognizes the Chapter’s accomplishments in areas including programming, membership recruitment, and governance / operations. In 2018, ACC STL received the Gold Level Award, and the Innovation Award for Best Membership / Recruitment.
Ann Marie Mayuga, AMM Communications
About the ACC STL:
The Association for Corporate Counsel of St. Louis (ACC STL), the pre-eminent professional development organization serving in-house counsel, was founded in 1987. The St. Louis chapter has more than 550 members who represent more than 100 organizations. During its 30-year-history, the ACC STL has been recognized as one of the leading chapters in the country by the national Association of Corporate Counsel with having received the 2017 and 2019 Gold Level Award and selected for the 2018 Best Membership / Recruitment Award. To learn more, please visit, https://www.acc.com/chapters/stlouis/.