January 27, 2020 (St. Louis) – The Association of Corporate Counsel – St. Louis Chapter (ACC STL), the pre-eminent professional development organization serving in-house counsel, elected its 2020 officers and board of directors.
The 2020 ACC STL officers include:
- President: Brian Parsons, Senior Counsel, Macy’s Inc.
- Vice President / President-Election: Sven Fickeler, Senior Corporate Counsel, Bunzl Distribution USA, LLC
- Secretary: Jennifer Herner, Associate General Counsel, MiTek
- Treasurer: Kate Krebel, Corporate Counsel, DRS Technologies, Inc.
- Immediate Past President: Chrissy Teske, Senior Attorney, Commerce Bancshares, Inc.
At-Large Directors: Geoffrey Grammer, Assistant Corporate Counsel, Ameren; and Erika Schenk, General Counsel & Vice President of Compliance, World Wide Technology.
ACC STL 2020 president, Brian Parsons, shared that the priorities for the Chapter this year are to strengthen member retention and engagement, utilize social media platforms to improve communications, and expand networking opportunities that are specific to members’ practice areas.
“This year is exciting for the ACC STL chapter. Last year, the chapter was selected as one of the best chapters in the country at our national meeting. Previous boards have laid a strong foundation, and the board is looking forward to making contributions to better serve our membership,” said Parsons.
The board of directors include:
- Advocacy: Jennifer Feldhaus, Vice President, Associate General Counsel, Maritz
- Corporate Counsel Institute (CCI): Ty Ulmer, Chief Counsel, The Boeing Company
- Communications: Danielle Langeneckert, Director, Contract Design, The Resource Group
- Diversity: Tamee Reese, Assistant Vice President, Senior Legal Counsel, AT&T Mobility & Entertainment
- General Counsel Forum: Kate Molamphy, General Counsel, ICL Americas; and Erika Schenk
- Annual Golf / Spa Event: Jay Repaso, Manager, Legal Services, Mastercard
- Law School Relations: Paula Finlay, Assistant Vice President, Senior Legal Counsel – Labor & Employment, AT&T
- Membership: Beverly Garner, Associate General Counsel, Bunge North America
- Practice Area Networking (PAN) – Labor & Employment: Toni Douaihy, Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, Macy’s Inc.
- Past President Council Chair: Chrissy Teske
- Pro Bono: Patricia Duft, Vice President, Legal, Medtronics
- Professional Development: Geoffrey Grammer
- Programs: John Farmer, Vice President, Litigation, Charter Communications
- Social: Margy Weisman, Assistant General Counsel, ESCO Technologies
- Sponsorship: Denise Whitener, Managing Counsel, Wells Fargo Law Department
In 2019, the ACC STL received the Gold Chapter of Distinction by the national Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC). The award recognizes the Chapter’s accomplishments in areas including programming, membership recruitment, and governance / operations.
In 2018, ACC STL received the Gold Level Award, and the Innovation Award for Best Membership / Recruitment.
Ann Marie Mayuga, AMM Communications
About the ACC STL:
The Association for Corporate Counsel of St. Louis (ACC STL), the pre-eminent professional development organization serving in-house counsel, was founded in 1987. The St. Louis chapter has more than 550 members who represent more than 100 organizations. During its 30-year-history, the ACC STL has been recognized as one of the leading chapters in the country by the national Association of Corporate Counsel with having received the 2017 and 2019 Gold Level Award and selected for the 2018 Best Membership / Recruitment Award. To learn more, please visit,https://www.acc.com/chapters/stlouis/.